Mike "The Mouth" Matusow has been keeping a low profile since Black Friday and the demise of Full Tilt Poker. In a new interview, the former Full Tilt pro once again claims his innocence and says he was "thrown under the bus."
Mike "The Mouth" Matusow has almost completely disappeared from the international poker scene following Black Friday and the closure of Full Tilt Poker.
Matusow, who was a sponsored pro playing for Full Tilt Poker, has been among those who were targeted by angry players, who have still to receive their funds from the insolvent poker site.
In a new interview with Pokernews from the ongoing WSOP, Matusow explains that he has been keeping a low profile over the past year, partly because of the fact that he isn't playing much poker anymore.
"Just been hiding from all the poker players and keeping low. I really don't play that much poker anymore. I've been doing a lot of different things," Matusow said, before talking about his own role in the Full Tilt Poker debacle.
Being part of Full Tilt's pro team, Matusow said, has meant that many players are now wrongfully targeting him to channel their anger.
"It's pretty sad. The worst part is that so many people were making so much money, and because I was working for Full Tilt and getting a salary, all of a sudden, I'm thrown under the bus. Suddenly, I am a bad guy, and I owe all that money," he said.
"It made me feel horrible about the poker world, so I've laid low for a while. I'm sure there will be a way out, but it's just sad. I was always a outspoken person, trying to bring out the good things, but that's kind of tough right now, so we'll see what happens," he ended.
The controversial pro didn't mention what events he will be playing in during this year's WSOP, but limited himself to revealing that he had been "playing some cash" and got "a good start" in a single tournament.
See the full interview here.